Tuesday, July 23rd, 4:30 – 6:30 pm
Come on by and check out our local market :
- Fresh produce from our gardeners – salad bouquet, herbs, kale, chard, onions, rhubarb and more!
- Flower Flies – our kids business – flower bouquets, sunflower sprouts, flower cookies and more.
- Community Kitchen – Pizza and cinnamon buns
- This years workshops – Mt. Lorne Chefs Recommend: Dinner Tonight
Support your local market – come on by!
Tonight’s dinner by your local chef Shiela Alexandrovich
Marrow Pasta with Forage Pesto
Wheaton River Gardens Forage Pesto
Soak 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds for 6 – 8 hours, drain and buzz in blender with;
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups wild greens – Forage Blend
Add more oil if needed, store in a jar with a layer of oil on top in fridge.
Take one marrow squash – clean and cut as pasta – spaghetti or use potato peeler to create tagliatelle.
Top fresh squash with pesto. Add some shaved parmesan. Enjoy.
Local vendors welcome!
Please contact Agnes 667-7083 or email: email@example.com